The Parkesburg Action Committee (PAC)
The Parkesburg Action Committee (PAC) is comprised of business owners and community leaders whose mission is to create a sense of community, promote growth and improvement to Downtown Parkesburg. Through our mission we strive to improve the quality of life for residents and visitors alike by making Downtown Parkesburg a more attractive and enjoyable place to live, work and play. Be sure to follow the Parkesburg Action Committee's Facebook page for continued updates.
PAC's mission is to connect local business with the community and foster community growth through local events, community outreach and our efforts to spread good word of mouth about the great things available in Parkesburg. We have accomplished this mission in the following ways:
- Spring Clean Up Days - April 1, 2017 and April 14, 2018 (2019 was completed by the Boy Scouts)
- Children's Garden in Minch Park (2017 and 2018) in collaboration with Curiosity Corner preschool.
- Art Walk on Main Street featuring select K-12 Octorara students- March 22 and 23, 2019 and March 20 and 21, 2020
- Borough Hall Candidate Meet and Greet - May 3, 2017 (broadcast to the entire community via Octorara’s The Cube broadcasting service)
- Mayoral Candidate Meet and Greet - October 30, 2017 (broadcast to the entire community via FB Live)
- Jenny Alexander writes a quarterly article about Parkesburg for the Western Chester County Chamber of Commerce magazine that is distributed to thousands of local homes and digitally through the Chamber’s online presence.
- PAC has been invited and attended Community Meetings by Western Chester County Chamber of Commerce.
- PAC has been invited and attended round table brainstorming sessions by the Chester County Planning Commission in regards to community growth and the new trail system.
- Discussion with Atglen and Oxford Borough's about local revitalization ideas and efforts
- Final Friday Events - 2017, 2018, 2019 and ongoing
Please note that every activity is done by volunteers and local small businesses contributing their time and financial resources. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.
Final Fridays in Parkesburg
Final Friday was conceived by members of the Parkesburg Action Committee as a way to create a sense of positive community interaction, and to start a tradition in town that would provide entertainment as well as promote local businesses.
Final Fridays are held on the last Friday of each month, April through August 5:00pm - 9:00pm, September and October 5:00pm - 8:00pm.
It takes place on the 200 Block of Main Street, which is closed to traffic for the event.
Vendors and Food trucks are welcomed to apply for one or all of the Final Friday events. Please see the Vendor Page for more information.
Sponsors are an integral part of this event, if you wish to become a sponsor, please see the Sponsor Page for more information.